H3001 CUSTOMS HEBREW TRIBES OF AFRICA
Ever wonder what were the tribes that were taken in the Atlantic Slave Trade? You'll be astonished to discover that these tribes still exist today.
About this course
In this course we will examine various African tribes with Hebrew origins We will also examine how to identify Hebrew tribes in Africa through knowledge of Hebraic temple worship and ritual, which of these tribes were taken into the diaspora via the Trans- Atlantic and Trans- Saharan slave trades and how these tribes are reclaiming and proclaiming their Biblical Destiny today. Through readings, video clips and writing we will examine the special role Yah has for Hebrew people to bring justice and liberatin to the nations.
What you'll learn
- examine the special role Yah has for Black people to bring justice and liberation to the nations.
- Trace the historical rise and development of black liberation theology across the black diaspora.
- Learn how did disenfranchised and diasporic Hebrew communities reinterpret the biblical text according to their lived experiences.
- Explore how faith and new theological formulations informed political praxis.
- Discover the dialogical encounters between black liberation theology and anti-colonial politics.
- anti-black racism and sexism from the 1960s to the present.
Up to 3hours
*$150 USD Stdnt
Hebrew Customs/ Africa
Meet the instructor
*Price of classes may very depending on the status you chose on the application. Price for each course is $150 USD for US students, $75 USD for international students. Price for US auditors is $120 USD and $60 USD for international auditors.